An alphabetical index of the streets, squares, lanes, alleys. &c. contained in the Plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and the borough of Southwark : with the contiguous buildings / engraved by John Pine ... from an actual survey by John Rocque, and printed on twenty-four sheets of imperial paper, with references for finding the said places ; adapted likewise to a contracted copy of the above mentioned plan, printed on eight sheets of paper ...
- London : Printed for John Pine ..., Thomas Bowles ..., and John Tinrey ..., 1755.
- Physical Description:
- vi [i.e. vii], , 46,  p. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 11View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: To Martin Folkes ... this plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and borough of Southwark. London : John Tinney, 1749.
To accompany: A plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and borough of Southwark / John Rocque.
Page viii wrongly numbered vi.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, Thomas -- Publisher.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) Gazetteers.Tinney, John -- Publisher.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
An alphabetical index of the streets, squares, lanes, alleys. &c. contained in the Plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and the borough of Southwark , 1755
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.