The history and antiquities of the town and county of the town of Nottingham : containing the whole of Thoroton's account of that place, and all that is valuable in Deering / by John Throsby ...
- [Nottingham] : Burbage and Stretton, Tupman, Wilson, and Sutton, Nottingham ..., 1795.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, -177 (i.e. 179),  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plans, port ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 N9 T57 1795+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations engraved by William Walker, J. Wigley, and John Walker; after John Walker, John Throsby, J. Wigley, and Thomas Sandby.
Extra numbered pages 87* and 88* inserted between p. 88 and 89.
"Collections respecting the town of Nottingham and Shirwood Forest, intended for the additions to the new edition of Thoroton's Nottinghamshire [edited by John Throsby]"
One of "the few copies purposely detached from the general history of the county, taken off on royal paper."
Errata:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Burbage and Stretton -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1795.Etching -- Specimens -- 1795.Nottingham (England) -- History.Nottinghamshire (England) -- History.Tupman, Wilson, and Sutton -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1795.
YCBA Collections Search
Throsby, John, 1740-1803, The history and antiquities of the town and county of the town of Nottingham , 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.