Historical and literary curiosities : consisting of fac-similes of original documents, scenes of remarkable events and interesting localities and the birth-places, residences, portraits, and monuments of eminent literary characters, with a variety of reliques and antiquities connected with the same subjects / selected and engraved by Charles John Smith.
- London : Henry G. Bohn ..., 1840.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves (some folded) : ill., facsims. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ42 S65 1840+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is disbound & in case.
Plates engraved by Robert Bremmel Schnebbelie, and Charles John Smith; after Hendrik Frans De Cort, Robert Bremmel Schnebbelie, John Chessell Buckler, Hugh Irvine, William Henry Bartlett, William Henry Brooke, and Charles John Smith.
Descriptive matter scattered at intervals between the plates.
First issued in 8 parts 1835-1840. The work, interrupted at pt. 6 by the author's death, was completed by H.G. Bohn.
- Subject Terms:
- Arch, J. & A. -- Publisher.Autographs -- Facsimiles.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1840.Pickering, William -- Publisher.Smith, Charles John -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1840.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1840.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Charles John, 1803-1838, Historical and literary curiosities , 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.