The history and antiquities of the town and minster of Beverley : in the county of York, from the most early period : with historical and descriptive sketches of the abbeys of Watton and Meaux, the convent of Haltemprise, the villages of Cottingham, Leckonfield, Bishop and Cherry Burton, Walkington, Risby, Scorburgh, and the hamlets comprised within the liberties of Beverley : compiled from public and private records and manuscripts of undoubted authority ... / by George Oliver ...
- Beverley : Printed and sold by M. Turner, sold also by ... Baldwin and Cradock, London, M. Turner and Co., Hull ..., 1829.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 575 p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., geneal. tables ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B51 O4 1829+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Robert Sands, George Scharf, Samuel Williams, Robert Edward Branston and George Thomas Wright, John Roffe, William Deeble, W.H. [i.e. H.W.] Bond, and J. Greenwood; after William Henry Bartlett, Mary Jane Hull, and William Thornton.
Lithographs printed by Charles Hullmandel.
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin and Cradock -- Publisher.Beverley (England) -- Antiquities.Beverley (England) -- History.Hullmandel, Charles Joseph, 1789-1850 -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1829.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.Turner (M.) and Co. -- Publisher.Turner, M. -- Printer.Wood-engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Oliver, George, 1782-1867, The history and antiquities of the town and minster of Beverley , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.