A display of heraldrie : manifesting a more easie access to the knowledge thereof then hath hitherto been published by any, through the benefit of method / wherein it is now reduced, by the study and industry of John Guillim ...
- The fourth edition, corrected and much enlarged by the author ..., and how ... are added about three hundred new coats and bearings of eminent families, in their proper sections, never before inserted / faithfully collected by Francis Nouuer ...
- London : Printed by T.R. for Richard Blome, 1660.
- Physical Description:
- , 144 (i.e. 444), 36,  p. : coats of arms ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR19 G8 1660+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Signatures: a-b⁴ B-3F⁴ 3G-3Q²(-3Q2 [blank?]) [A]-[L]²(-[L]2 [blank?])
This copy is printed within red ruled borders.
This copy also has leaf 3Q1 (p. 144, i.e. ) bound in after [L]1.
Printed by Thomas Roycroft.
Error in pagination: p. 444 misnumbered 144.
Head- and tail-pieces.
There is another ed. printed in this year, by T.R. for Jacob Blome (cf. Wing G2219A).
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), G2219
- Subject Terms:
- Blome, Richard -- Publisher.Heraldry -- England.Heraldry.Roycroft, Thomas -- Printer.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1660.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.