An history of the original parish of Whalley : and honor of Clitheroe in the counties of Lancaster and York : to which is subjoined an account of the parish of Cartmell / by Thomas Dunham Whitaker ...
- The third edition, revised and enlarged, with additional engravings.
- London : Printed by and for Nichols, Son, and Bentley ..., and Thomas Edwards ..., Halifax, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 568 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map, plan, geneal. tables ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W55 W5 1818+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by W. Maddocks, James Basire, James Sargant Storer, John Chessell Buckler, T. Topham, and James Godby; after William D. Fryer, James Basire, John Buckler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Taylor, John Carter, and James Tassie.
SML Byzw 025c: Plate "Clitheroe castle" printed in Society of antiquaries of London. Vetusta monumenta (Vol. II, plate XIII) inserted. Advt. loose in vol. removed and sent to print room.
- Subject Terms:
- Brandwood, James, 1739-1826 -- Autograph.Cartmel (England : Parish) -- History.Clitheroe (England) -- History.Edwards, Thomas, 1599-1647. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818.Etching -- Specimens -- 1818.Nichols, Son, and Bentley -- Publisher.Whalley (England) -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Whitaker, Thomas Dunham, 1759-1821, An history of the original parish of Whalley , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.