Green, Valentine, 1739-1813, The history and antiquities of the city and suburbs of Worcester ... , MDCCXCVI 
The history and antiquities of the city and suburbs of Worcester ... / by Valentine Green.
- London : Printed for the author by W. Bulmer and Co., and sold by G. Nichol ... [and 13 others], MDCCXCVI 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., port., plans ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W9 G69 1796+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Page 127 misnumbered 721.
Plates engraved by James Fittler, James Ross, S. Sparrow, John Landseer, James Newton, John Russell, and Peter Sintzenich; after Lemuel Francis Abbott, James Ross, E. Jeal, R. Loder, Thomas Malton, and Valentine Green.
BAC,RB: Bound with v. 1 of this copy is: An account of the discovery of the body of King John, in the cathedral church of Worcester, July 17th, 1797 ... / Valentine Green. London : V. and R. Green, 1797.
Based on the author's "Survey of the city of Worcester", published in 1764.
- Subject Terms:
- Allsopp, George Higginson, 1847-1907 -- Bookplate.Allsopp, George Higginson, 1847-1907 -- Ownership.Bulmer (W.) and Co. -- Printer.Dawson, Mary Louise -- Autograph.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1796.Etching -- Specimens -- 1796.Hindlip, Henry Allsopp, 1811-1887 -- Ownership.Nicol, G. -- Publisher.Worcester (England) -- History.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance) -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.