The complete English traveller, or, A new survey and description of England and Wales : containing a full account of whatever is curious and entertaining in the several counties of England and Wales, the isles of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, and other islands adjoining to, and dependant on the crown of Great Britain ... : to which is added, a concise and accurate description of ... Scotland .../ by Nathaniel Spencer ...
- London : Printed for J. Cooke ..., 1771.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 696 [i.e. 700],  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 S26 1771+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Charles Grignion and [William?] Walker; after Samuel Wale.
Maps by Thomas Bowen.
In double columns.
Paging irregular: p. 293 and 680 are numbered 295 and 480 respectively; no. 143-144 and 457-458 are repeated.
Originally published in weekly numbers, 1771. Republished 1772-73, in England under the name of "Burlington" as author, in Scotland under that of "Murray," and in Wales under that of "Llewellyn." cf. Allibone and Cushing.
- Subject Terms:
- Cooke, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1771.Etching -- Specimens -- 1771.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Sanders, Robert, 1727-1783, The complete English traveller, or, A new survey and description of England and Wales , 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.