Registrum roffense, or, A collection of antient records, charters, and instruments of divers kinds : necessary for illustrating the ecclesiastical history and antiquities of the diocese and cathedral church of Rochester / transcribed from the originals by John Thorpe ... ; and published by his son John Thorpe ... ; together with the monumental inscriptions in the several churches and chapels within the diocese.
- London : Printed for the editor, by W. and J. Richardson, and sold by T. Longman [and 5 others], 1769.
- Physical Description:
- , vi, , 697, , 701-1056,  p. : port. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5107 R6 T5 1769+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Ms. "Index to all the families mentioned in the monumental inscriptions in Thorpe's Registrum roffense" ( p.) at end.
SML: Lettered on cover: v. 1.
The portrait of John Thorpe engraved by J. Bayly; after John Wollaston.
Memoir of Thorpe, the elder: p. ii-vi.
"Registrum roffense. Part II. Containing the monumental inscriptions ... within the diocese of Rochester": p. -1056.
- Subject Terms:
- Church of England. Diocese of Rochester (Kent)Colyer-Fergusson, Thomas Colyer, 1865-1951 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1769.Epitaphs -- England -- Rochester (Diocese)Longman, T. -- Publisher.Richardson, W. & J. -- Printer.Rochester (Kent, England) -- Antiquities.Rochester Cathedral (Rochester, Kent, England)
YCBA Collections Search
Thorpe, John, 1682-1750, Registrum roffense, or, A collection of antient records, charters, and instruments of divers kinds , 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.