The ladies history of England : from the descent of Julius Cæsar, to the summer of 1780 : calculated for the use of the ladies of Great-Britain and Ireland : and likewise adapted to general use, entertainment, and instruction / by Charlotte Cowley ...
- London : Printed for the proprietors and sold by S. Bladon ..., 1780 [i.e. 1781].
- Physical Description:
- vi, 7-704,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., ports., maps. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA30 C68 1781+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plates engraved by John Peltro, Alexander Bannerman, Thomas Cook, Page, Joseph Collyer, and John Royce; after Thomas Bowen and Robert Dodd.
In double columns.
Covers the early part of 1781.
- Subject Terms:
- Bladon, S. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1780 [i.e. 1781].Great Britain -- History.Montagu, Frederick James Osbaldeston, 1878-1957 -- Bookplate.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Cowley, Charlotte, The ladies history of England , 1780 [i.e. 1781]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.