Stowe , 1827
- Stowe : a description of the house and gardens of the most noble and puissant prince Richard Grenville Nugent Chandos Temple, Duke of Buckingham and Chandos ...
- Buckingham : Printed by J. Seeley, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- [iii]-vi, [iii]-iv, 92 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans, port., facsim. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7625 S86 S86 1827+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Robert Cooper, Charles John Smith, William James Smith and Thomas Medland; after Joseph Saunders, William James Smith, and Thomas Medland.
The engravings by and after Thomas Medland are dated 1797.
Limited edition of 25 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Buckingham and Chandos, Richard Temple Nugent Brydges Chandos, 1776-1839.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Painting -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Seeley, J. -- Printer.Stowe Gardens (England)Stowe House (England)Wilbraham, George, 1779-1852 -- Bookplate.
- Etchings -- 1827.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
Wood engravings -- 1827.
Stipple engravings -- 1827.
Steel engravings -- 1827.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.