A survey of the cities of London and Westminster, borough of Southwark and parts adjacent ... / by Robert Seymour ... ; the whole being an improvement of Mr. Stow's and other surveys, by adding whatever alterations have happened in the said cities, i.e. to the present year ...
- London : Printed for J. Read ..., 1734-1735.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., coats of arms, map ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 78Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by Thomas Bowles and Thomas Gardner.
"A list of the subscribers": ( p.) after p.  in v. 1.
T.p. printed in red and black; head- and tail-pieces; initials.
John Mottley, "under the pseudonym of Robert Seymour ... edited in 1734 (perhaps with the assistancew of Thomas Cooke) Stow's Survey of the cities of London and Westminster."--DNB.
Paging irregular: v.1, p. 170-171 numbered 174-175; v.2, no. 237-256 omitted (text is complete despite irregularity)
Upcott, W. English topography, p. 620-623
Adams, B. London illustrated, 30
Howgego, J. Printed maps of London (2nd ed.), 78
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1734-1735.London (England) -- Antiquities.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History.London Region (England) -- Description and travel.Read, J. -- Publisher.Severn, John Cheesment -- Bookplate.Westminster (London, England) -- Description and travel.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1734-1735.
YCBA Collections Search
Mottley, John, 1692-1750, A survey of the cities of London and Westminster, borough of Southwark and parts adjacent ... , 1734-1735
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.