IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Noorthouck, John, 1746?-1816, A new history of London, including Westminster and Southwark , 1773
A new history of London, including Westminster and Southwark : to which is added, a general survey of the whole, describing the public buildings, late improvements, &c. ... / by John Noorthouck.
- London : Printed for R. Baldwin ..., 1773.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 (, viii, , 902,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded)) : ill., map, plans ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA677 N66 1773+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Art Center copy is imperfect: plates 4-5, 7-8, 37 wanting.
Plates engraved by Harry Ashby, Thomas White, Joseph Collyer, Isaac Taylor, Thomas Bowen, Benjamin Green, Thomas Kitchin, and Barak Longmate; after Benjamin Green and Thomas Kitchin.
Title page for v. 1 only.
Includes "A new plan of London, Westminster and Southwark" engraved by Harry Ashby. cf. Howgego, J. Printed maps of London (2nd ed.), 157.
"Arms of the city companies":  leaves of plates following p. 888.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 51
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin, R. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1773.Leake, John Martin, 1739-1836 -- Bookplate.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History -- 18th century.London Region (England) -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.