Holmes, C. J. (Charles John), 1868-1936, Constable and his influence on landscape painting , 1902
Constable and his influence on landscape painting / by C.J. Holmes ; with seventy-seven photogravure plates.
- Westminster : Archibald Constable and Company, Limited, 1902.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 251,  p. : port., ill. ; 39.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497 C7 H64 1902+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497 C7 H64 1902+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is no. . Copy 2 consists of 49 plates only with text wanting. Plates are laid in portfolio (as issued).
Limited ed. of 50 copies, printed on Japanese "vellum."
Appendix A: Engravings after Constable's work: p. 219-226
Appendix B: Priced catalogue of Constable's sale in 1838: p. 227-233
Appendix C: Forgeries of Constable's work: p. 234-237
Appendix D: Chronological list of Constable's chief pictures and dated sketches: p. 238-
- Subject Terms:
- Constable (Archibald) and Co. -- Publisher.Constable, John, 1776-1837.Constable, T. & A. -- Printer.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Provenance.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.