Proceedings connected with the rebuilding of the Royal Exchange, 1838-1844 : and on the opening of the exchange by Her Majesty Queen Victoria, 28 October, 1844 : being the substance of a report from a sub-committee to the Joint Committee for Gresham Affairs.
- London : Printed by Arthur Taylor ..., 1845.
- Physical Description:
- 83 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 79 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 79 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates lithographed by C.M. Firth; after J.B. Kidd.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplates of William John Mercer & the autograph of George Aston.
BAC: Copy 2 has the bookplate of Rupert Sackville Gwynne & is extra-illustrated with views & plans of the Royal Exchange. One of the extra illustrations is a stipple engraved portrait of Thomas Graham, colored à̲ l̲a̲ po̲u̲p̲é̲e̲.
- Subject Terms:
- Aston, George -- Autograph.Gwynne, Rupert Sackville, 1873-1924 -- Bookplate.Kidd, J. B. -- Printer.Mercer, William John -- Bookplate.Royal Exchange (London, England)Taylor, Arthur -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- [18--].
Lithotints -- [18--].
Lithotints -- 1845.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [18--].
Lithographs -- 1845.
Wood engravings -- [18--].
Steel engravings -- [18--].
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- [18--].
Stipple engravings -- 1845.
Medal engravings -- 1845.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Gresham Committee (London, England), Proceedings connected with the rebuilding of the Royal Exchange, 1838-1844 , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.