The complete works of William Hogarth : in a series of one hundred and fifty steel engravings from the original pictures. / With an introductory essay, by James Hannay ; and descriptive letterpress, by the Rev. J. Trusler, and E.F. Roberts.
- [London] : The London Printing and Publishing Company, Limited, 26, Paternoster Row, London; and 109, Broadway, New York, [between 1860 and 1870?]
- Physical Description:
- , xviii, , 201 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497 H7 A4 1800z+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Two added engraved title pages, one with an image of "The Milk Maid" and a second an untitled image of a man with a tray of tarts. Both with imprints: The London Printing and Publishing Company, Limited.
Date of publication based on advertisements and city directories for the New York and London street addresses.
"Contents: and directions to binder for placing the plates."--Two unnumbered pages following page xviii.
Plates engraved by James Moore, J. Garner, T.E. Nicholson, Charles Mottram, Joseph Mansell, Edward Smith, Cosmo Armstrong, Samuel Davenport, Henry Adlard, William Henry Worthington, E. Jordan, H. Fernell, Andrew Duncan, F.F. Walker, Timothy Stansfield Engleheart, Thomas Phillibrown, William Radclyffe, George Presbury, James Stubbs, James Mollison, John Romney, Ebenezer Stalker, S. Bull, Benjamin Holl, E.J. Portbury, John Mills, Robert Hart, Alan Wright, T.W. Shaw, E. Chavane, R. Page, and William Chevalier; after William Hogarth.
The imprint "The London Printing and Publishing Company, Limited" burnished from most plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Autograph.
- Steel engravings.
YCBA Collections Search
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, The complete works of William Hogarth , [between 1860 and 1870?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.