Anecdotes of painting in England; [1760-1795] with some account of the principal artists; and incidental notes on other arts; collected by Horace Walpole; and now digested and published from his original mss. by Frederick W. Hilles and Philip B. Daghlian.
- Volume the fifth and last.
- New Haven, Yale university press; 1937.
London, H. Milford, Oxford university press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 262 p. facsim. 24x19 cm.
- Reference LibraryND461 W25 1937 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- The bulk of the material has been selected from Walpole's Book of materials, in the Folger Shakespeare library. Other selections are from the author's set of annotated catalogues of exhibitions, now owned by Wilmarth Lewis. cf. Advertisement.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- England -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, Anecdotes of painting in England;, 1937