A new and compleat history and survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark, and parts adjacent : from the earliest accounts, to the beginning of the year 1770 ... / by a society of gentlemen ; revised, corrected, and improved by Henry Chamberlain ...
- London : Printed for J. Cooke ..., .
- Physical Description:
- , 682,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., ports., map, plans ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA677 C52 1769+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Charles Grignion, James Record, Thomas White, Adam Smith and J. Flyn; after Samuel Wale, Thomas Malton, and Adam Smith. (see Adams for other engravers & illustrators not present in this copy).
British Art Center copy imperfect: t.p. is wanting. Title and date from NUC pre-56 and Adams. Also 22 of the plates & 34 p. of the text have been removed.
Dedication dated Jan. 16, 1769.
Written and compiled by "divers learned and ingenious men" employed by Cooke, and based on "books and ancient manuscripts collected by him". cf. license to print (p.  at front).
Adams, B. London illustrated, 48
- Subject Terms:
- Cooke, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- .London (England) -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
A new and compleat history and survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark, and parts adjacent , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.