Historical account of Charter-house : compiled from the works of Hearne and Bearcroft, Harleian, Cottonian, and private mss. and from other authentic sources / by a Carthusian.
- London : Printed for the editor by C. Spilsbury, and sold by Wilkie and Robinson ..., White, ..., Payne, ... [and 5 others], 1808.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, , 298, 84 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687 C4 H5 1808+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Samuel Freeman and [Inigo?] Barlow; one after George Vertue.
Introduction signed: Robert Smythe.
- Subject Terms:
- Camden Family -- Bookplate.Carthusians -- Great Britain.Charterhouse (London, England)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1808.McDowall, W. -- Printer.Payne -- Publisher.Spilsbury, C. -- Printer.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1808.White -- Publisher.Wilkie and Robinson -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.