The history of St. Paul's Cathedral in London, from its foundation : extracted out of original charters, records, leiger-books, and other manuscripts / by Sir William Dugdale ... ; with a continuation and additions, including the republication of Sir William Dugdale's life from his own manuscript by Henry Ellis ...
- London : Printed for Lackington, Hughes, Harding, Manor, and Jones ..., and Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown ..., 1818.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 500 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 80 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 80 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center has 2 copies.
Copy 2 is a large paper copy (49 cm.); plates are proof copies. It has the bookplate of Herry Lawrence Bradfer-Lawrence and is bound uniformly with BAC copy of Dugdale's Monasticon Anglicanum (1817-1830).
Plates engraved by William Finden, Charles Heath, and John Coney; after Wenceslaus Hollar, Henry Corbould, and John Coney.
British Art Center has 2 different issues of the prospectus for this edition (DA687.S14 +D8 1813). Caption title for both reads: Preparing for publication: The history of St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 125
- Subject Terms:
- Bradfer-Lawrence, H. L. (Harry Lawrence) -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818.Lackington, Hughes, Harding, Manor, and Jones -- Publisher.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Moyes -- Printer.St. Paul's Cathedral (London, England)
YCBA Collections Search
Dugdale, William, 1605-1686, The history of St. Paul's Cathedral in London, from its foundation , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.