The history of St. Pauls Cathedral in London, from its foundation untill these times : extracted out of originall charters, records, leiger books, and other manuscripts : beautified with sundry prospects of the church, figures of tombes, and monuments / by William Dugdale ...
- London : Printed by Tho. Warren ... ; 1658.
- Physical Description:
- , 136, 157-299,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill., port. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687 S14 D8 1658+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- In 3 pts., each with a special t.-p.
"The duance of machabree ... made by Dan Iohn Lydgate [with the Hollar engraving of 'Death leading all estates']": p. 289-266 [ie. 296]
Most plates are paginated within the sequence of the text.
Pages 89, 174, and 293-7 are misnumbered 36, 192, and 263-7.
First printed book to delineate in considerable detail an English building.--Adams, p. 15
Plates by and after Wenceslaus Hollar.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 8
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, D 2482
- Subject Terms:
- Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate.St. Paul's Cathedral (London, England)Warren, Thomas -- Printer.Wright, James -- Autograph.
- Engravings -- 1658.
Etchings -- 1658.
- The history of St. Paul's cathedral in London
- A view of the monuments, situate in and about the quire, side-iles, & chapels adjacent : as they stood in September, Anno D. MDCXLI. with their epitaphs exactly imitated
- Appendix in Historiam ecclesiæ cathedralis S. Pauli ...
Making History - Antiquaries in Britain 1707-2007 (Yale Center for British Art, 2012-02-02 - 2012-05-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Making History - Antiquaries in Britain 1707-2007 (McMullen Museum of Art, 2011-09-03 - 2011-12-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]