Specimens of Gothic architecture : selected from various ancient edifices in England : consisting of plans, elevations, sections, and parts at large, calculated to exemplify the various styles, and the practical construction of this admired class of architecture / by Augustus Pugin ; accompanied by historical and descriptive accounts by E.J. Willson.
- London : M.A. Nattali, [1825?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : chiefly ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA445 P8 l825+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC copy is interleaved with Pugin's original drawings for the engraved plates. The drawings are mounted.
Plates engraved by Edmond Turrell, John Cleghorn, George Gladwin, John Le Keux, William Raymond Smith, John Roffe, J.A. Rolph, J.F. Lambert, Thomas Bradley, Thomas Kearnan, Robert Sands, J. Henshall, Wilson Lowry, and Charles Moore; after Augustus Charles Pugin, Charles Moore, and Thomas Kearnan.
"Notice to the third edition," v.1, p.[vii] dated 1825.
Separate title-page, v.2, p.[i] at end, reads: A glossary of technical terms, descriptive of Gothic architecture ... to accompany the Specimens of Gothic architecture by A. Pugin / compiled by Edward James Willson.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England.Architecture, Gothic.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.Etching -- Specimens -- 1825.Gunnis, George P. -- Bookplate.Marchant, W. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Pugin, Augustus, 1762-1832, Specimens of Gothic architecture , [1825?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.