Thornton, William, The new, complete, and universal history, description, and survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark, and the parts adjacent ... , 1784
- The new, complete, and universal history, description, and survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark, and the parts adjacent ... / written and compiled from authentic records and other genuine information by a society of gentlemen ; the whole revised, corrected, and improved by William Thornton ; assisted by George Smith ... the Rev. Alex. Townsend ... and other gentlemen.
- London : Printed for Alex. Hogg ..., 1784.
- Physical Description:
- 532,  p. : ports. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA677 T56 1784+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Page, Charles Grignion, George Noble, John Lodge, G. Walker, Thomas Thornton, Robert Pollard, Antoine Benoist, John Wooding, John Royce, Henry Roberts, John Goldar, Isaac Taylor, John Peltro, Myers, C. Carey, J. Hawkins, and C.J. Downes; after William Hamilton, Samuel Wale, and [Robert?] Dodd.
"A list of subscribers":  p. at end.
Full leather; gilt label on spine.
Largely the same work as: A new and complete history and description of the cities of London, Westminster, the borough of Southwark, and parts adjacent ... / Richard Skinner. London : Printed for Alex. Hogg, . cf. Adams, p.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 61
- Subject Terms:
- Hogg, A. -- Publisher.London (England) -- History -- Early works to 1800.London Region (England) -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1784.
Engravings -- 1784.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.