Morte Arthure : the alliterative romance of the death of King Arthur : now first printed from a manuscript in Lincoln Cathedral / edited by James Orchard Halliwell ...
- Additional Title(s):
- Brixton Hill [London] : [C. and J. Adlard, Printer], 1847.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 368 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2065 M3 H3 1847+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustration by Frederick William Fairholt.
Title on spine reads: The romance of The Morte Arthur.
British Art Center copy is no.  of those printed on thin paper and is signed C. & J. Adlard.
"The manuscript ... was compiled by Robert Thornton ... He cannot be assigned as the author with any degree of certainty, but must rather be merely considered the copyist." Preface.
"Limited to seventy-five copies. viz. twenty-five copies on thick paper, and fifty copies on thin ..."
- Subject Terms:
- Adlard, C. and J. -- Printer.Etching -- Specimens -- 1847.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.