Burnet, Gilbert, 1643-1715, The history of the reformation of the Church of England , 1681-1683
The history of the reformation of the Church of England : in two parts.
- The second edition, corrected.
- London : Printed by T.H. for Richard Chiswell ..., 1681-1683.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBR375 B9 1681+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 1742 Yale Library 6.3.18-19: Imperfect: engraved title-pages and t.p. of v. 1 wanting, that of v. 2 mounted; ports. wanting; pages mutilated and wanting. Spine fragments from volume 2 housed and classed separately as 2017 Folio 38.
Portraits engraved by Robert White; after Hans Holbein.
"A collection of records and original papers; with other instruments": at end of v. 1-2.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), B5798, B5799
English short title catalogue, R19796
English short title catalogue, R29152
Div: Gift of the Henry Lloyd Library of St. John's Church, Stamford.
Div: With two bookplates: "Henry Lloyd, Esq."
- Subject Terms:
- Chiswell, Richard -- Publisher.Church of England.Great Britain -- Church history.Gwyn, Francis, 1648?-1734 -- Bookplate, 1698.Reformation -- Great Britain.T. H. -- Printer.
- Engravings -- 1681-1683.
- v.1. Of the progress made in it during the reign of K. Henry the VIII
- v.2. Of the progress made in it till the settlement of it in the beginning of Q. Elizabeth's reign
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.