Smith, Charles, map publisher, A new plan of the road from London to Dover and from Calais to Paris, 1801
A new plan of the road from London to Dover and from Calais to Paris.
- London : Printed for C. Smith, mapseller, No. 172 Strand, 1801.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col. ; 17 x 32 cm. folded to 17 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5741 S55 S64 1801View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:253,440].
- Engraved by Smith & Jones.
Map is hand-colored and in case, as issued.
Title from printed label on case.
Map in columns.
"Those places which are underlined ... are post towns or stages. The roads are connected by reference letters, alphabetically arranged."
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- .France -- Maps.Great Britain -- Maps.Roads -- France.Roads -- Great Britain.Smith, C. -- Publisher.
- Road maps -- France -- 1801.
Road maps -- Great Britain -- 1801.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.