Froggett, John, active 1808-1821, Froggett's survey of the country thirty miles round London, 1836, 
- Froggett's survey of the country thirty miles round London, 1836 [cartographic material].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Survey of the country thirty miles round London, 1836.
- London : Published by G.F. Cruchley, mapseller, and publisher, 81, Fleet Street, from 38, Ludgate Stt, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., mounted on linen ; 113 x 137 cm, sheets 56 x 68 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754 L7 F76 1836Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:63,360 -- (W 0°44ʹ--E 00°32ʹ/N 51°48ʹ--N 51°11ʹ).
- Description based on incomplete copy at the Yale Center for British Art (comprising only the south east corner). Title based on the patterns of other editions listed in Howgego, including that of 1833 and 1840. Cartographic data derived from other editions. The imprint appears to be the same as Howgego 333(3), for a version of the map with 1840 in the title. However the YCBA copy bears a contemporary label on the case dated 1836 (in manuscript).
Howgego, J. Printed maps of London, see 333(3)
BAC: British Art Center copy is incomplete: consists of only 1 sheet, the south east corner. In case, with ms. label that reads: Thirty miles south east of London, 1836.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Maps.London Region (England) -- Maps.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.