IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Map of China and the adjacent countries , 1842
Map of China and the adjacent countries : drawn from the latest surveys and other authentic documents ... / by William H. Allen & Co.
- London : Wm. H. Allen & Co., 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 59 x 74 cm., folded to 19 x 10 cm., in covers 23 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG7820 M3 1842View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:4,118,400].
- Mounted in gold-stamped green publisher's cloth covers. Title on cover reads: Allen's Map of China.
Drawn and engraved by John and Charles Walker.
- Subject Terms:
- Allen (William H.) & Co. -- Publisher.China -- Description and travel.China -- Maps.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1842.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.