Bowles's New pocket plan of the cities of London & Westminster : with the borough of Southwark : comprehending the new buildings and other alterations to the year 1790.
- London : Printed for the proprietor Carington Bowles, No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, .
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 48 x 94 cm., folded to 16 x 12 cm., in case 17 x 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754 L7 B6 1790Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:9,051].
- In original marbled paper case.
Map is very similar to: A new pocket plan of the cities of London & Westminster. London : Printed for Willm. Faden, 1790.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, Carington, -- Publisher.Bult, Stan -- Provenance.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- .London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Westminster (London, England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- England -- London -- 1790.
YCBA Collections Search
Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793, Bowles's New pocket plan of the cities of London & Westminster , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.