IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
North America, and the West Indies , [1764?]
North America, and the West Indies : a new map, wherin the British Empire and its limits, according to the definitive treaty of peace, in 1763, are accurately described, and the dominions possessed by the Spaniards, the French, & other European states : the whole compiled from all the new surveys, and authentic memoirs that have hitherto appeared.
- London : Printed for Carington Bowles, [1764?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 103 x 116., folded to 20 x 14 cm., in case 20 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG3300 N6 1764View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:5,500,000].
- In original marbled paper case.
Relief shown pictorially.
Includes historical notes, "Extract of the treaties of peace, proclamations &c relative to America & the West Indies"
Insets: A particular map of Baffin and Hudson's Bay -- A map of the country between Montreal, Albany and Oswego
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, Carington -- Publisher.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- [1764?].Great Britain -- Colonies -- America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.North America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- North America -- 1764.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.