Faden, William, 1749-1836, The sea of Marmara or Propontis , Jany. 11th, 1786
The sea of Marmara or Propontis : with the straits of Constantinople and of Gallipoli / by Wm. Faden ...
- London : Willm. Faden ..., Jany. 11th, 1786.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : mounted on linen ; 58 x 102 cm, on sheet 59 x 105 cm., folded to 19 x 14 cm. in folder 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG6802 T5 F3 1786+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database (1982 Folio 10)
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360].
- British Art Center copy has no case.
BEIN 1982 Folio 10: On sheet 64 x 105 cm. Not mounted on linen. Armorial bookplate: Charles Abbot. No. 26 of 42 maps bound together.
Inset: A map of the coasts of Grece and Archipelago.
Engraved by William Palmer.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbot, Charles, Baron Colchester, 1757-1829 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1786.Faden, William, 1750?-1836 -- Publisher.Greece -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Turkey -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.