Robert Laurie and James Whittle, The London directory, or, A new and improved plan of London, Westminster & Southwark , 1794
- The London directory, or, A new and improved plan of London, Westminster & Southwark : with the adjacent country, the new buildings, the new roads, and the late alterations by opening of new streets, & widening of others, &c.
- London : Laurie & Whittle, No. 53, Fleet Street, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 31 x 5l cm., folded to 14 x 11 cm., in case 14 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754 L7 R6 1794Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:15,580].
- In marbled paper case, with title on front that reads: A new pocket map of London.
Includes a "Table of reference to the churches and other public buildings shewing their situation in the above plan."
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1794.Laurie & Whittle -- Publisher.London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- England -- London -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.