Green, John, -1757, A chart of North and South America , 1753
- A chart of North and South America : including the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, with the nearest coasts of Europe, Africa, and Asia.
- London : T. Jefferys, 1753.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 1753.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C G 5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale not given.
- Hand-colored boundaries.
This copy mounted on wooden strips and rod, to be used as wall map.
Prime meridian: London and Ferro.
Relief shown pictorially.
Shows nautical exploration routes.
Includes historical and geographical notes, and tables of comparative astronomical observations.
Originally printed in six sheets.
Accompanied by: Remarks, in support of the new chart of North and South America : in six sheets / by John Green. London : Printed for Thomas Jefferys, 1753.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Jefferys, Thomas d. 1771 -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1753.
Maps -- America -- 1753.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.