A new map containing the towns, gentlemens houses, villages, and other remarks round London : as from London toe Windsor, Ware, Chelmsford, the Hope, Tunbridge, Guildford, &c.
- [London] : Maed [sic] and sold by H. Moll in Vanlys Court in Black fryers, [ca. 1700].
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 26 x 28 cm., on sheet 30 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 12Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale not given.
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound with the prospectus (title: Proposals ...) for John Rocque's 16-sheet map of London and environs. This volume apparently belonged to John Rocque (cf. ms. note at front). Part of Moll's map has been squared in green ink to show the extent of Rocque's planned 16-sheet map An exact survey of the city's of London, Westminster, ye borough of Southwark and the country near ten miles round.
Date from Howgego.
Map is divided into mile squares.
Relief shown pictorially.
Howgego, J. Printed maps of the British Isles, 49
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.London Region (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Engravings -- 1700.
Maps -- England -- London -- 1700.
YCBA Collections Search
Moll, Herman, -1732, A new map containing the towns, gentlemens houses, villages, and other remarks round London , [ca. 1700]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.