Rocque, John, -1762, A plan of the city of Dublin and the environs , 1760]
- A plan of the city of Dublin and the environs : on the same scale of London, Paris & Rome / by John Rocque ... = Plan de Dublin et de ces environs : sur la meme echelle de ceux de Londres, Paris et Rome / par J. Rocque ...
- [London : J. Rocque, 1760].
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 2 sheets ; 100 x 140 cm., sheets 55 x 75 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 15Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 13Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:10,600].
- BAC: British Art Center copy Folio A G 15 copy is bound with: An exact survey of the city and suburbs of Dublin / John Rocque. London, 1756. The Folio A G 13 copy is bound with: A new and accurate survey of London and Westminster / John Rocque. London, 1751. This volume supposedly belonged to Rocque.
Date from BM Maps.
Engraved by J.J. Perret.
Relief shown by hachures.
- Subject Terms:
- Dublin (Ireland) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Dublin Region (Ireland) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Maps -- Ireland -- Dublin -- 1760.
Etchings -- 1760.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.