Rocque, John, -1762, A plan of Rome , 1750
- A plan of Rome / survey'd & publish'd by Mr. G.B. Nolli, this plan has been reduced to the same scale as those of Paris & London, survey'd & publish'd by J. Rocque ... = La topographia di Roma / da G.B. Nolli è stato ridotta alla medemo scalo di quella di Londra è Parigi che sona publicate de me J.R. = Plan de Rome / levé & publié en 1748 par le Sr. G.B. Nolli, ce plan a été reduit sur la meme echelle de ceux de Paris & de Londres ; levé et publie par Jean Rocque ...
- [London] : J. Rocque, 1750.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 43 x 53 cm., on sheet 55 x 74 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 13Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:44,000].
- Map by Robert Benning.
BAC: British Art Center copy Folio A G 13 is bound with: A new and accurate survey of the cities of London and Westminster / John Rocque. London, 1751. This volume supposedly belonged to Rocque. The Folio B G 4 copy is laid into a portfolio of other Rocque maps.
- Subject Terms:
- Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.Rome (Italy) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- Italy -- Rome -- 1750.
Etching -- 1750.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.