A plan of Paris and the adjacent country : in which is contained a description of the villages, seats, great roads & others, valleys, woods, vinyards, plowd & pasture lands / surveyd by Monr. Roussel, capt. ingineer ... = Plan de Paris et de ses fauxbourgs avec ses environs : ou se trouve le detail des villages, chateaux, grands chemins et autres, des hauteurs, bois, vignes, champs et prez / levé par Monr. Roussel, capne. ingenieur ...
- [London] : J. Rocque, 1748.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 6 sheets ; 222 x 262 cm., sheets 55 x 75 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 13View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:90,000].
- British Art Center copy bound with: A new and accurate survey of the cities of London and Westminster. London, 1751.
This volume supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
"This plan has been reduced to the same scale as that of London and the country round it surveyd and published in 16 sheets ..."
Relief shown by hachures & land forms.
- Subject Terms:
- Paris (France) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Paris Region (France) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- 1748.
Maps -- France -- Paris -- 1748.
YCBA Collections Search
Rocque, John, -1762, A plan of Paris and the adjacent country , 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.