IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rocque, John, -1762, A plan of London on the same scale as that of Paris , 1754
A plan of London on the same scale as that of Paris : in order to ascertain the difference of the extent of these two rivals ... / by John Rocque ... = Plan de Londres, &c. sur la même echelle que celui de Paris : afin de constater la difference en grandeur de ces deux rivals ... / par J. Rocque ...
- London : J. Rocque, 1754.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 43 x 62 cm., on sheet 55 x 74 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 13View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 11View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:47,000].
- BAC: British Art Center copy Folio A G 13 bound with: A new and accurate survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark, with the country about it for nineteen miles in length and thirteen in depth / John Rocque. London, 1751. This volume supposedly belonged to John Rocque. The Folio A G 11 copy is bound with To Martin Folkes, esq., president of the Royal Society : this plan of the cities of London and Westminster and borough of Southwark. London : John Tinney, 1749
Engraved by Richard Parr.
Howgego, J. Printed maps of the British Isles, 101
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- 1754.
Maps -- England -- London -- 1754.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.