A plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and borough of Southwark, with the contiguous buildings / from an actual survey, taken by John Rocque, land-surveyor, and engraved by John Pine, Bluemantle ...
- London : John Pine ... and John Tinney ..., 1746.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 24 sheets ; 203 x 385 cm., sheets 77 x 57 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 11View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:2,400].
- BAC:British Art Center copy bound with the "Contracted scetch" (1746) and the 1755 ed. of "Alphabetical index." Also bound with: To Martin Folkes, esq., president of the Royal Society : this plan of the cities of London and Westminster and borough of Southwark. London : John Tinney, 1749.
Relief shown by hachures and land form drawings.
Includes drawings of ships on the Thames, lists of abbreviations and London aldermen's names, and a statement of dedication to the mayor and aldermen of London.
Accompanied by index map with title: A contracted scetch [sic] of the Plan of London and An alphabetical index of the streets, squares, lanes, alleys, &c. contained in the Plan of the cities of London and Westminster ... (see Howgego, 95).
Howgego, J. Printed maps of London (2nd ed.), 96
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.London Region (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Pine, John -- Publisher.Southwark (London, England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Tinney, John -- Publisher.Westminster (London, England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Etchings -- 1746.
Engravings -- 1746.
Maps -- England -- London -- 1746.
YCBA Collections Search
Rocque, John, -1762, A plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and borough of Southwark, with the contiguous buildings , 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.