A survey of the city and suburbs of Bristol / survey'd by John Rocque ... = Plan de la ville et faubourgs de Bristol / levé par Jean Rocque.
- [London : J. Rocque], 1750.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 48 x 45 cm., on sheet 57 x 78 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:20,200].
- Relief shown by hachures.
Includes 10 views of the public buildings of Bristol.
Except for title, imprint & illustration captions, this map appears to be identical to Rocque's map published by B. Hickey with title: A geometrical plan of the city and suburbs of Bristol. Bristol, [175-?]
- Subject Terms:
- Bristol (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Bristol Region (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1750.
Etchings -- 1750.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rocque, John, -1762, A survey of the city and suburbs of Bristol , 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.