To Martin Folkes, esq., president of the Royal Society , 1749
- To Martin Folkes, esq., president of the Royal Society : this plan of the cities of London and Westminster and borough of Southwark, with the contiguous buildings / is humbly inscribed by his most humble servants John Pine and John Tinney.
- [London] : John Tinney ..., John Pine ,..., and Thomas Bowles ..., 1749.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 46 x 91 cm., on sheet 55 x 96 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 11Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:10,560].
- Map engraved by Isaac Basire; lettering by Richard William Seale.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with Rocque's 24-sheet map: A plan of the cities of London and Westminster, and borough of Southwark. London : John Pine and John Tinney, 1746 -- An alphabetical index of the streets, squares, lanes, alleys, &c. contained in the Plan of the cities of London and Westminster. London : John Pine, 1755 -- An exact surveigh of the streets, lanes and churches, comprehend[e]d within the ruins of the city of London / John Leake. Londinensi : George Vertue, 1723 -- Ichnographia urbis Londinii / Christopher Wren. [London] : Sam. Harding, 1724 -- A new and accurate survey of the cities of London ... / John Rocque. London, 1751 -- A plan of London on the same scale as that of Paris / John Rocque. London, 1754.
"This plan is taken from the large one, printed on 24 sheets ... from an actual survey ... by ... John Rocque ... and engraved by ... John Pine ... published in June 1747."
Howgego, J. Printed maps of London (2nd ed.), 100(1)
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, Thomas -- Publisher.London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Pine, John -- Publisher.Southwark (London, England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Tinney, John -- Publisher.Westminster (London, England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1749.
Maps -- England -- London -- 1747.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.