The environs of London : reduced from an actual survey in 16 sheets / by the late John Rocque ... ; with new improvements to the year 1763.
- [London] : Printed for Carington Bowles, No. 69 in St. Paul's Church Yard, & Robert Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, London, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; 86 x 125 cm., sheets 58 x 79 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:25,344].
- British Art Center copy is laid into portfolio of Rocque maps and estate plans.
BEIN 2017 Folio 53: No. 1 of 2 titles bound together in volume with manuscript index and binder's title "Environs of London by John Rocque, 1741-1745." Armorial bookplate: Alexander George Findlay.
Dedication cartouche signed by Mary Ann Rocque.
Relief shown by hachures.
Howgego, J. Printed maps of London, 124(1a)
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, Carington -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- .Findlay, Alexander George, 1790-1870 -- Bookplate.London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.London Region (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.