England and Wales : drawn from the most accurate surveys, containing all the cities, boroughs, market towns & villages : in which are included all the improvements and observations both astronomical and topographical which have been made by members of the Royal Society & others, down to the present time : the whole corrected & improv'd / by John Rocque ...
- [London] : Printed for Robt. Sayer, map and printseller, at the Golden Buck in Fleet Street, [circa 1768]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 2 sheets ; 115 x 194 cm., sheets 67 x 106 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:650,000].
- Borders between counties are hand-colored.
British Art Center copy laid into a portfolio of Rocque maps and estate plans.
Inset: Isles of Scilly
Originally printed on 4 sheets.
Robert Sayer was at this address and traded alone 1751-1774 and 1783-1792 (cf. Maxted, p. 199).
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1768.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.Wales -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- England -- 1768.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.