Rocque, John, -1762, A geometrical plan of the city and suburbs of Bristol , [175-?]
A geometrical plan of the city and suburbs of Bristol / survey'd by John Rocque ...
- [Bristol] : B. Hickey, bookseller in Nicolas Street, [175-?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : ill. ; 48 x 45 cm., on sheet 55 x 75 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:20,200].
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This vol. supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
Relief shown by hachures.
Includes 10 views of the public buildings of Bristol.
Except for title, imprint & some additions to the illustration captions, this map appears to be identical to Rocque's 1750 map with title: A survey of the city and suburbs of Bristol.
- Subject Terms:
- Bristol (England) -- Maps.Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Bristol Region (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Hickey, B. -- Publisher.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- [175-?].
Engravings -- [175-?].
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.