Rocque, John, -1762, Plan du chateau, jardin et parc de Wilton , 1754
- Plan du chateau, jardin et parc de Wilton : la terre du comte de Pembroke, située dans la comté de Wilts. à 75 miles de Londres / par J. Rocque ... = An exact survey of the beautiful & magnificent house, garden & park of the Right Honble. the Earl of Pembroke : with the ancient town of Wilton 3 miles from Salisbury / by John Rocque ...
- [London : J. Rocque], 1754.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : ill. ; 29 x 30 cm., on sheet 47 x 61 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:4,875].
- British Art Center has 3 copies. Copy 1 is bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This volume supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
Copy 2 is a later issue. Imprint has been added at bottom that reads: ... Printed for Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street. Sayer traded alone & at this address 1751-1774 and 1783-1792 (cf. Maxted, p. 199).
This copy is laid into a portfolio of other Rocque maps & estate plans (Folio B/G/4)
Copy 3 is located in the Prints & Drawing Dept. (B1978.43.1022/C111 Shelf 9) and is identical to copy 2.
Inset are views of: The east view of the great bridge -- View of ye house -- Arcade -- Gate & porter's lodge -- North view of ye bridge
Also includes: Plan of the first story.
Relief shown by hachures.
- Subject Terms:
- Rocque, John -- Publisher.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.Wilton House (England)
- Etchings -- 1754.
Engravings -- 1754.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.