To the Right Honourable William Baron of Hedon, Viscount Pulteney of Wrington and Earl of Bath : this plan of Shrewsbury is most humbly inscrib'd / by his lordship's most humble and devoted servant, J. Rocque.
- [London] : J. Rocque, 1746.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : ill. ; 44 x 62 cm., on sheet 55 x 75 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:3,125].
- British Art Center copy is bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750.
This volume supposedly belonged to Rocque.
Inset are views of: The Market House -- The Free School -- The Castle
Map engraved by Richard Parr.
Relief shown by land forms and hachures.
- Subject Terms:
- Rocque, John, -- Publisher.Rocque, John, d. 1762 -- Provenance.Shrewsbury (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Shrewsbury (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Etchings -- 1746.
Maps -- England -- Shrewsbury -- 1746.
YCBA Collections Search
Rocque, John, -1762, To the Right Honourable William Baron of Hedon, Viscount Pulteney of Wrington and Earl of Bath , 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.