To the most high puissant & noble prince, Charles, Duke of Marlborough : this plan of Windsor Park is most humbly inscribed / by ... J. Rocque = Plan du chateau et parc de Windsor, dans la conté de Berk. a 20 miles de Londres : renferment une des maisons et jardins du duc de Marlborough / tres exactement levé et gravé par J. Rocque ...
- [London : J. Rocque], 1738.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : ill. ; 38 x 62 cm., on sheet 55 x 75 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:3,600].
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This vol. supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
Copy 2 is located in the Prints & Drawings Dept. (B1977.14.1339/C111 Shelf 9)
Inset: Plan of the garden as proposed to be executed in the reign of Queen Ann
Inset also are views of: North prospect of Windsor Castle -- The west prospect -- His grace the Duke of Marlborough's lodge -- The Green house
- Subject Terms:
- Rocque, John -- Publisher.Rocque, John, d. 1762 -- Provenance.Windsor Castle.Windsor Park.
- Etchings -- 1738.
YCBA Collections Search
Rocque, John, -1762, To the most high puissant & noble prince, Charles, Duke of Marlborough , 1738
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.