A plan of the city and the harbour of Rochefort : a place remarkable for its fine docks & surprizing magazines for warlike stores where from this important place are continually sent supplies of all sorts for building men of war to Brest, the l'Orient, St. Malo's, Toulon & several other sea ports in France.
- [London] : Publish'd ... by E. Oakley ... & sold by J. Rocque ..., 1757.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 29 x 42 cm., on sheet 57 x 78 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:3,600].
- Printed on same sheet with: A plan of the city, port, & fortifications of Brest and Recouvrance. [London] : E. Oakley, 1757.
This copy also laid into portfolio of maps & estate plans by John Rocque.
Inset: A map of the island of Aix -- [Map showing coast around Rochefort]
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1757.Oakley, Edward, active 18th century -- Publisher.Rochefort (France) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Oakley, Edward, active 18th century, A plan of the city and the harbour of Rochefort , 1757
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.