Oakley, Edward, active 18th century, A plan of the city, port, & fortifications of Brest and Recouvrance, with their environs , 1757
A plan of the city, port, & fortifications of Brest and Recouvrance, with their environs / taken by the King's engineer.
- [London] : E. Oakley, 1757.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 33 x 51 cm., on sheet 57 x 78 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B G 4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:7,200].
- Printed on same sheet with: A plan of the city, and the harbour of Rochefort. [London] : E. Oakley, 1757.
This copy laid into portfolio of maps & estate plans by John Rocque.
Title at top of map reads: Plan des ports et chateau de Brest.
Inset: Part of the coast of Bretagne.
Engraved by Robert Benning.
Relief shown by hachures.
- Subject Terms:
- Brest (France) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Etching -- Specimens -- 1757.Oakley, Edward, 18th cent. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.