A plan of the harbour and town of Toulon, and places adjacent : the place where the confederate fleet landed and the batteries they erected anno 1707 : likewise the additional buildings & improvement of the King's Harbour by inlarging & making it more capacious &c. to this present year 1756.
- [London?] : [ s.n.], 1756.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 54 x 46 cm., on sheet 75 x 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- This copy bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This vol. supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
Prince Eugene of Savoy and an English fleet unsuccessfully tried to invade Toulon in 1707.
Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- Subject Terms:
- Eugene, of Savoy, Prince of Savoy, 1663-1736.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 18th century.Rocque, John, d. 1762 -- Provenance.Toulon (France) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Etchings -- 1756.
YCBA Collections Search
A plan of the harbour and town of Toulon, and places adjacent , 1756
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.